Operation Blue Angel is a program run by the Warren Township Police Department to assist residents who, due to advanced age, mobility, or medical concerns, may be unable to answer their door in an emergency situation.
The program is administered free of charge to any eligible resident.
Through Operation Blue Angel, a Police Department owned lock box similar to a realtor’s lock box is mounted to a door of the home. A key, supplied by the resident, is locked inside the box. In the event of an emergency, responding police officers are able to retrieve the key by using a code accessed by our Communications Center, allowing us to quickly enter the home without causing damage.
Applicants to Operation Blue Angel must meet certain criteria and agree to our terms and conditions:
- Must be 55 years of age or older, or have a medical condition that is potentially incapacitating
- Must either live alone, or be home alone on a frequent basis
- Must provide a key (or keys) for an entry door to the home
- Must grant the Warren Township Police Department permission to access and use the key in a medical emergency. A waiver form must be completed and notarized, and included with the application.
- The Police Department maintains ownership of the lock box. If you should you move, you must notify the Police Department so that we may retrieve our lock box.
- The resident will not be given the code to the lock box and may not request access to the lock box, except in a medical emergency.
Should you need assistance filling out this application or in need of other senior services, you may contact the Warren Township Police Department at 908-753-1000.
Please complete the following forms and submit them to the Warren Township Police Department at 44 Mountain Blvd, Warren, NJ:
The Operation Blue Angel flyer can be downloaded and printed by clicking here.
For More Information about Operation Blue Angel contact Lt. Paul Dziedzic at 908-753-1416 or [email protected]